• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iPod & New 360.

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
Friends.

I just bought a new Premium on Monday, all ( touch a huge piece of wood ) is fine apart from it wont pick up my iPod, I have never had a problem before.

The only thing i can think of, i had an iPod software update a couple of weeks ago, could it be that?

Tried everything, even deleteing to optional iPod suport file and redownloading it.

The 360 is chargeing the iPod and shows conected on the iPod screen, but goto the music blade on the dashboard and its not there.

Any help and advice is very welcome.

Cheers.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Friends.

I just bought a new Premium on Monday, all ( touch a huge piece of wood ) is fine apart from it wont pick up my iPod, I have never had a problem before.

The only thing i can think of, i had an iPod software update a couple of weeks ago, could it be that?

Tried everything, even deleteing to optional iPod suport file and redownloading it.

The 360 is chargeing the iPod and shows conected on the iPod screen, but goto the music blade on the dashboard and its not there.

Any help and advice is very welcome.

Cheers.

some users have encountered the fact that xbox 360 support for the ipod has been stopped,with updates,etc.
if you can,make a new silver account,and redownload the optional media update,and see if that works.
if it doesnt,then really,nothing can be done,apart from bitch at apple about it,or go through all available settings to try to get it to be seen(work).
but from what ive read,and heard,apple removed the "disk mode" from ipods so they cant be read by anything but itunes.
one solution seems to be to downgrade itunes to 7.2,and redo the playlists,if your ipod starts to show up as an "audiobook device"
something to do with the way it writes the playlists now,on newer versions.
http://oldapps.com/itunes.htm

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom