1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod nano vs ipod 20gigs

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by stadimiri, Sep 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. stadimiri

stadimiri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys!
    is there an expert who can throw some light? i need to make a discision on whether its going to be ipod nano or ipod 20gb 4 generation
    1 my feeling is i get so much more space for a little extra
    2 what with the screen toubles etc of the just released nano a known enenmy is better than an unknown friend!
    3 do u have to send both for battery replacement or is only with the ipod 20 gb?
    what is your take ipod 20 gbor ipod nano 4gb??
    thanks
    srini

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Both players have built-in batteries. It's about the size. The Nano is definitively smaller. Due to the playlisting flexibility of iTunes (superior to all else in this respect) you can pack music quite intelligently into a limited space like 4Gb, even if you have a large library. The iPod is pretty portable, but the Nano is so much more so.

3. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1 Yes, the 20Gb iPod holds five times the songs, but the nano is five times smaller physically.
    2 Yes, screen problems (scratching) have been reported anecdotally in the US with the nano. No-one I know with a nano has seen this yet. On the other hand, there is also anecdotal evidence to say that the nano itself is extremely difficult to damage.
    3 Yes, you can send either iPod to have a battery replaced, however you can do the job easily yourself for a fraction of the cost Apple charges. They both use Li-Ion batteries, as does every other DAP on the market, so the concern is not unique.

4. stadimiri

stadimiri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks a ton guys!
    well that about settles it !. i guess there isnt much to choose.it was very nice of you to take the time out for me
    take care