Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Ipod Nano Accessory

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kevH, Oct 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Wife now has her Ipod Nano and is chuffed to bits with it except that she cant use it when in the car with the little one !! ( their never pleased ! :thumbsdow )

Shes seen the iTrip type radio transmit type accessories and im just basically asking if anyone has any experience of these gadgets ( we know theyre not exactly legal ) with regards to what the "quality" is like sound wise ??

Griffin seemingly have a new one out which looks very compact and now operates thro the Ipod screen any ideas ??

Attached Files:

2. jenufa

jenufa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    I have used an itrip for a couple of years now and found it works really well around 87.9 to 88.3 sound quality can be very good.

3. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only used the older iTrip that plugs into the top of the pre-5G iPods. In short, the older iTrip is OK, but not perfect. As it's relying on radio transmissions the quality depends on local circumstances, and is subject to occasional background hisses and so on - just like FM radio stations.

However, I think the new nano iTrip is a stronger transmitter so will be much better. It also has a USB port for charging purposes too.

4. nick270881

nick270881

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    A better choice maybe, is if the car stereo has a cd changer port in the back that is not in use then get a cable from local car dealer! (shouldn't cost too much)

I fitted one of these in my girlfriends mini for her and it plugs into the headphone socket on the ipod!

Sound is fantastic, and was relatively easy to fit