iPod Nano 5G volume (I know, I know...)

ianfreeman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got this and the volume is set much lower than the 4G. I have (a) adjusted the volumes of all songs up to 100% in iTunes; (b) checked that the iPod itself has no volume restrictions enabled; and (c) bought isolating earphones, but I still can't hear the sodding thing on London Underground trains!

I am assuming that EuPod pro doesn't work on the 5G. Does anyone have any other solutions? I'd be most grateful for any assistance.

Get an Apple Radio Remote - it drives the headphones from the line out on the dock connector, which has no volume limit on it.

Used mine on the underground and cant hear a thing. Its loud enough to be honest with in ear headphones any higher and you risk damaging your hearing anyways

Get an Apple Radio Remote - it drives the headphones from the line out on the dock connector, which has no volume limit on it.

Hmm, that's a bit of an expense given that the 5G Nano already has a radio built in. But thanks anyway.

Used mine on the underground and cant hear a thing. Its loud enough to be honest with in ear headphones any higher and you risk damaging your hearing anyways

Sorry Sammy, do you mean you *can* hear the iPod or not? :confused: If so, maybe it's my ears!

As per my post here, I've been using a Fiio E5 headphone amp in conjunction with my 80Gb Classic for about 6 months which I've found improves things no end.

As per my post here, I've been using a Fiio E5 headphone amp in conjunction with my 80Gb Classic for about 6 months which I've found improves things no end.

Just ordered one - £17 including recorded delivery! Excellent - very many thanks.

For Ipod Nano 5g European model i've managed to find a way to get rid of volume cap without sound increase.

What you need:

1) Ipod nano with a volume cap by our friends in EU comission
2) Computer with internet access
3) A valid credit card of paypal account.

The trick is simple - if ipod is reset (firmware re-updated) while your computer is connecting to iTunes from a US IP address, the update you will be getting won't have a volume cap.

In detail:
You need to sign up for a VPN from one of those online VPN providers. They typically cost 5$ per month.
You will only need this once - to reflash your ipod.

You setup a VPN connection with them, verify on What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more... that your IP address is from US (also you can use Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test to see on the map where are you connecting from)\
Then launch itunes and reset player.

Simple
No need for eupod, dopod, or sound-crippling +100% volume hack.

Hope it works for you, and watch out your ears, they will be surprised by the volume and bass boost.

For Ipod Nano 5g European model i've managed to find a way to get rid of volume cap without sound increase.

What you need:

1) Ipod nano with a volume cap by our friends in EU comission
2) Computer with internet access
3) A valid credit card of paypal account.

The trick is simple - if ipod is reset (firmware re-updated) while your computer is connecting to iTunes from a US IP address, the update you will be getting won't have a volume cap.

In detail:
You need to sign up for a VPN from one of those online VPN providers. They typically cost 5$ per month.
You will only need this once - to reflash your ipod.

You setup a VPN connection with them, verify on What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more... that your IP address is from US (also you can use Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test to see on the map where are you connecting from)\
Then launch itunes and reset player.

Simple
No need for eupod, dopod, or sound-crippling +100% volume hack.

Hope it works for you, and watch out your ears, they will be surprised by the volume and bass boost.

Did this work for you? Didn't seem to make a blind bit of difference for me!

It wouldn't have worked then, and as this thread is very old its even less likely to work now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom