• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iPod Nano 4th gen gonna be touch?

sunnysunnysunny

Hi.
Apparently, many people think that the next iPod Nano (due out in September 2008) is going to have touch capabilities, like a small version of the iPod Touch.
Anyone else think this? What do you think?
I've got a 1st gen Nano and thinking of getting a new one. Should I get the current Nano or wait?

jwa1979

Hi.
Apparently, many people think that the next iPod Nano (due out in September 2008) is going to have touch capabilities, like a small version of the iPod Touch.
Anyone else think this? What do you think?
I've got a 1st gen Nano and thinking of getting a new one. Should I get the current Nano or wait?

I'd be surprised if it were touch screen; its just too small to work well. As I own/use the current iPod touch I can't imagine it working anywhere near as well on a device less than half the size.

As for should you wait? If you wait you'll wait forever, there's always something new around the corner....

sunnysunnysunny

Yeah, you're right. The screen is too small for it to be touch - unless they have some knid of combo where you use buttons and touch for a few things.
Who knows? (apart from the chair of Apple) :)

Keiron

Is it just me that doesn't buy in to the touch screen concept? Give me clicky buttons that I can feel without having to pull the damned thing out of my pocket or fear of accidentally changing some setting in a stupid sub-sub-sub-menu which I'll never be able to find again any day!

sunnysunnysunny

Is it just me that doesn't buy in to the touch screen concept? Give me clicky buttons that I can feel without having to pull the damned thing out of my pocket or fear of accidentally changing some setting in a stupid sub-sub-sub-menu which I'll never be able to find again any day!
lol, I love touch screens - apart from when they get really greasy from fingerprints. Don't you just hate that, people? :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom