1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod musicmatch problems

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by paulefox, Oct 19, 2003.

1. paulefox

paulefox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Suddenly all the tracks have gone from my library in music match , any idea where they are .
    They are still in the my music folder but I cant get them back in music match , am I right in thinking that if I update the ipod they will all go off it now.

2. mugsy

mugsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I would download iTunes for windows from apple.com and start over again. It's far easier to use.

Make sure you update the iPOD firmware to 2.1 as well.

3. paulefox

paulefox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    done that , it then imported all my songs to it , I updated the ipod software and it all works great , thanks
    with the other software there was a long pause before it displayed the artists but this seems to have sorted that out
    Thanks for the advise , it all took only about half an hour rather than many hours reloading all the CDs

4. Frankie_D

Frankie_D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Its good to see that Apple software can beat anything that windows has to offer since im a big mac fan (own an imac and ipod) If you do have any problems just post here and i should be able to help

F.

5. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Not sure about beating anything Windows has to offer. It's a matter of taste but I don't believe iTunes to be anywhere near as good as Media Center 9 which, perversely, has better iPod support (smartlist generation and handling, tagging, synching).

iTunes is free though, so kudos to Apple for that. It's also a first release so I'll look forward to what the future brings.

MusicMatch is evil though. A horrible, horrible piece of software.

6. Frankie_D

Frankie_D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Actually Whitling there i wouldnt have thought that Media Center 9 has better iPod support if your arguement is based on the smart playlists, handling, tagging etc then iTunes can do all of that, plus it takes up less of the cpu and doesnt restrict you to certain standards. As iTunes and iPod are made by the same company you wouldnt expect anything else to beat their combination.

F.

7. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I will give iTunes a thorough going over at the weekend. I confess my initial observations were based on a quick session with it. I didn't manage to try out smartlists as thoroughly as I'd hoped ; the comment I made was based on the fact that iTunes smartlists (reportedly) don't support boolean operations which is limiting. Having said that, they're a lot more user friendly than the algorithms MC9 has.

But, you know, I think MC9 is a great product and one thing it does have over Apple, is the iPod support was based on user requests, recommendations and public beta testing which I think is better combination than the fact Apple happened to make both products ;)

It's all horses for courses though....and like I said iTunes is free and if takes people away from MusicMatch and, to a lesser extent, Winamp then that's all well and good. I do like the fact that Microsoft's main rival has upsurped them in what will probably turn out to be the biggest revolution in music since the CD was launched (legit downloadable music)....

...that's unless the Beatles win any forthcoming lawsuit....:laugh:

8. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    whats wrong with musicmatch? :confused:

is it because it always calls big brother?

i never upgraded fro version 7.5 and i think it's great.

9. Frankie_D

Frankie_D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't know why its working so well for you. Generally the problems are slow and bad importing of tracks, an app that takes up a large amount of the cpu and loads others, but if it works for you thats fine. I would try out iTunes for Windows it might win you over.