1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Mini - Urgent help required

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ccfc1972, Apr 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ccfc1972

ccfc1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I bought an ipod mini from ebay before christmas for my girlfriend. It was brand new and I had the warranty etc. Problem is I can't find it and I need to send it back as it's developed a serious fault. Is there any way I can send it back without the warranty, will they be able to tell by the serial number when and where it was purchased?

Thanks in advance

2. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No probs. Go to Apple's support site:

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/

Locate the support page for your model of ipod, then choose the iPod service request form. The form will ask you for the iPod's serial number which is on the back of your iPod, and date of purchase. Once you've filled in the form and sent it, Apple will send you details of returning it and arrange for a carrier to pick it up. You should have it or a replacement back in a couple of days. It's a very smooth service.

Keep us posted.

3. ccfc1972

ccfc1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great stuff, thanks very much for the reply.

Does it matter if I don't know the exact date of purchase?

4. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't think so. Apple will know from the serial number when it was made, so just don't give a date too soon...

Did you buy it on credit card, or bank cheque? If so, can you locate the approximate date from your statements?