1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod mini - can't get it to authorise on a 2nd PC

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by DJT75, Jun 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,577
    Hi,

I've had a ipod mini since Dec 04, successfully put 900+ tracks on it from my CD collection & have recently purchased 20 tracks from the iTunes Store.

I have iTunes installed on both my home PC & work PC. I bring my iPod to work plug it in & my ears are rocking all day.

However, I get an message at work saying I need to authorise this PC to listen to those 20 purchased tracks. I enter my username/password like I would at home & it comes back with an 'unknown error' message saying it couldn't access the iTunes Store - check network connections etc..

As far as I & the work techie geezer can work out there's absolutely nothing wrong with the internet connections/ company security etc so why can't I access the iTunes Store on this PC?? Any ideas??? thanks

2. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My guess is that it's something to do with your company router's firewall. To check this you could ask your techie just to turn off the firewall temporarily - some routers allow certain computers to be placed outside the de-militarised zone (DMZ) for example. If you can then connect to the iTunes Music Store, then that's your problem. If you still can't connect, it's something to do with the computer (probably its *inbuilt* firewall). Windows isn't too good at security, so it tends just to turn all ports off if it doesn't understand what's going on.

Having said that, have you looked at iTunes help? Here is the list of suggestions in there:

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.