iPOD Mini 6GB or Rio Carbon 5GB

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GhillieDhu, Jul 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. GhillieDhu

GhillieDhu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, I know that this is yet another one of those comparison threads but felt that I had a different angle to add to the discussion.

Since the 6gb version of the Rio seems to be near on impossible to find anywhere (apart from reviews), I am stuck in a quandry.

I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks, and want to take a selection of tunes with me to listen.

On scouring various reviews, opinions etc I've whittled the choice down to the devices above. I don't want to buy the Sony HD5 cause I actually had a Sony minidisc player and the software just put me off using it.

Also in addition all my music is mp3 at 320, so I don't fancy spending yet more time and hard disc space converting between different formats.

Now the Rio is cheaper and smaller and has been getting some stonking reviews, in addition its different from all the masses which helps too.

However the mini has a good mix of colours, can have a unique message lasered on to it of you so wish and has a massive amount of optional toys that are useful. Examples being IceLink and the logitech blue tooth headphones etc.

So I would like peoples opinons on what device they would choose.

Many thanks,
    EuanB
    P.S. I appreciate that there is a large support for the Sony HD 5, but I've ruled that one out. :)

2. theroux

theroux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey man, i was in the same boat too. Couldn't decided between Rio carbon and mini ipod. Then everyone talks about the sony NWhd5 - but it's a little larger and i honestly dont think i'll need that much space. As and when i decide i do, i can always buy whatever's 'new' on the market then.

In the end, i wanted wma and not itunes and so just purchased the rio carbon. Been also reading a little about the MPEYE HTS200 5G with small colour screen but reviews say that it can keep freezing.

DHL delived it yesterday but i wasn't in. Dunno when i'm gonna find time to pick the rio up!

3. GhillieDhu

GhillieDhu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers Theorux, yes I know what you mean. My mates coming up at the weekend and she has a mini so am waiting to have a proper play on it over the weekend. Hopefully that will be enough to help me decide!