iPod, Media Centre Edition, MCE Extenders

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Roaders, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Roaders

Roaders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had an iPod for a while now and when I got it I stopped using Windows Media Player (WMP) and re-ripped all of my CD's into iTunes using AAC.

I have now bought a Media Centre Edition (MCE) PC and one of the main things I want to use it for is for sharing music / recorded tv with other romms using extenders.

my MCE comes with itunes on it which I can access from the remote but the interface isn't nearly as nice. Also I am sure AAC encoded music won't work on an extender.

I think I'm going to have re-rip all of my music onto my MCE in MP3's. I can then use them in iTunes onmy Study pc to transfer them to my iPod and I can use them on my MCE.
    Only problem with that is that if I want the same playlists availiable on MCE and iPod I'll have to rate all of the tracks twice :(

I'll also have to re-rip my 100+ CD's and re-download all of the album art for them!

Other people must have had this problem - what was your solution?

Thanks

2. mkonieczko

mkonieczko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You probably posted this in the wrong thread, but anyway, there is an answer to your problems. It's called Music Bridge and was written by another iPod/MCE enthusiast. It takes some time to get it working properly so heed the warnings about back-up! I was most interested in preserving all the Album Art I had spent hours putting into iTunes.

You also can keep all your music AAC encoded too!

(I have nothing whatsoever to do with MB, just a happy user)

Follow this link on TGB:

http://www.thegreenbutton.com/community/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=26&MessageID=94304

3. Roaders

Roaders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that, sounds liek what I need. I'll have a look at the site!