1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod lockdown

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by clintobean14, Dec 29, 2004.

1. clintobean14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    hello, i have a new computer with xp i got for christmas and i have an ipod that works perfectly fine on my downstairs computer. Since this will be my main computer i wanted to set it up with the ipod. When i plugged in the ipod, it found new hardware and something made it say it needed to restart before it could be fully operational. I didn't remember this when i used the ipod on the old computer but i restarted anyway. Now, whenever i plug in my ipod, my whole computer sporadically locks up and i have to turn it off manually and turn it on. Even if i simply turn on itunes it will lock up if i'm running too many programs, like aim, ie, etc. One thing I noticed is that in the bottom right "notifications" box there is an HP symbol that pops up randomly, but when i try to scroll over it, it disappears, it doesn't show up as much as it did say yesterday but i'm pretty sure it has to do with me newly downloading the new itunes 4.7, it being somehow related to HP. i've ran different virus scans and so on and so forth so i'm asking someone else to help please