Ipod line out into Denon 3805 - I like it

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I've just connected up my Ipod for the first time using the line out on the cradle and I must say I'm very impressed considering I only ripped the music at 192Kbs AAC format. I was looking at getting together a small pc to do this in the lounge, but no need now the Ipod does a great job :)

John

I have my iPod running through my TAG home cinema set-up in TMS 5.1 and it sounds great :thumbsup: . Far better than I ever thought it would :)

Not as good as CD but far superior to MP3's on a CD-R :smashin: I too was thinking about a WiFi connection but wont bother now as the iPod works well. Just need to get that remote for it now!

Do you get any 'low volume crackling'? Between tracks I notice this background noise. I am using 40G 4G lineout from the docking station.

I've been doing the same - got the 3805 too - and think it's great. Not using the docking station though (just a line out) so the battery runs out after a while - deffo the worst aspect of the iPod!

Was thinking about getting a DMR E85 - i.e a PVR and loading my CD's onto it any playing via the TV surround speakers - any thoughts on loss of quality? any alternative equipment?

Are you planning to just play the CDs via the E85 or are you hoping to rip them to the hard disk ? As far as I know it's not possible to rip CDs to the hard disk.

I was planning to rip to the HD, but I think you're right about not being able to do that. I think I'm going to have to settle for a squeezebox or a creative labs wireless music router, at least until Bill Gates takes over the world with MS Media Centre. Any thoughts as between them?

People are getting good results from the Apple Airport Express - using iTunes on the computer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom