iPOD juke box

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by mdh99, Mar 24, 2006.

Tags:
  1. mdh99

mdh99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please could you let me have your opinions on the best stack hi-fis with auxiliary components that allow you to connect up your iPod.

thanks

2. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Most stack systems have some form of AUX input by means of an RCA cable and therefore accept the ipod as an aux input so, in essence, your choice is immense. Just check for aux input when buying :smashin:

Its all down to your budget and your tastes , best to get yourself the Ipod dock and hook it up that way with your cable and Bobs your uncle!

3. mdh99

mdh99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Kev - assuming you get a decent hi-fi with auxiliary, do you know whether there it is thought there is any difference in sound quality between that and the ipod docks?

4. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Are you talking about the Ipod docks with speakers ?? I would have thought that any decent stack system would be better if for nothing else for the added flexibility, in as much as it will have at least a normal cd player etc etc.

Theres 2 types of docks as im taking your reply to be, a dock with built in speakers and the simple dock which just allows the Ipod to "dock" in it for connection to either a hifi or a TV for playing sound/video/pics thro.

My personal preference is the simple dock to hifi/tv as i already had these so the simple dock was the cheapest method plus the best quality as my hifi system is of better than the norm quality.