Ipod/iphone controllable media streamer

Ned Senior

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello folks
I am not really upto speed on streaming, we have a few bits of video on th pc that we connect up to the tv via hdmi when we want to watch something!!
Movies are stored or played I should say; via xbmc

Mrs me wants an iPod and I thought to get a box similar to a sonos thingy but with video capability also that we could use an iTouch and my iPhone 3g to control???

What would you suggest please???

Oh ps if she who tries to rule could watch stuff like bbc i player and other catch up tv plus youtube that would be cool :)

The new Zappiti version ought to allow you to browse your media wall on your iPad/iTouch and then play them on a Dune. Not quite there yet as there are a few teething issues with scraping.

Try a Dune with My Movies on your PC and iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch. The apps are great and double as remote controls for the Dune and for your PC

A few other options;

AppleTV2 running XBMC plus XBMC Commander is one of the best options, you can also use XBMC Commander with the PC version too. However ATV2 has various limitations like H.264 HD video only, SD video anything else, no USB support.

Another option is Boxee Box (related to XBMC) with the Reemote control a third party remote on iOS store, this offers basic file listings support for selection and playback on Boxee, also Boxee Box supports Airplay too. The official Boxee iOS app doesn't actually support reading the Boxee Box media listings yet but this feature is coming.

Tvix players offer a crude mock up of the players GUI with media listings in any web browser.

Thanks guys sorry for not replying but Mrs me was taken to hospital for op and have been up the wall its 2 hours and 3 busses each way to visit so have been hanging around there all day to get both visit times in

Will look at the boxee box as that sounds do able thankyou :)

Hope everything is ok Mr Senior

Shaz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom