1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod/i Tunes Query

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by TWOFISH, Mar 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. TWOFISH

TWOFISH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My daughter has a couple ot thousand tracks on her pc on i tunes. I intend buying my wife a mini Ipod. Now I don't know anything about IPods, and my daughter is complaining that my wifes music collection will be mixed with hers in itunes and will create downloading problems. Can my wife have a seperate itune library on the same pc?

Thanks in anticipation.

2. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, but you'll have to have a separate user account set up for your wife. Then all music files and the iTunes Library will be separate. If your wife and daughter listen to some of the same music this inevitably leads to a bit of duplication however.

3. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    If you are running XP, then I suggest your wife/daughter rip music that they want to the "My Music" folder, and any music they both want rip to "Shared Music". Then each import everything into iTunes on their respective user accounts. It is a bit off a hastle and not the most convenient way of doing this, but as far as I can see it is the only way around the problem.

4. chalkie

chalkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sound advice