iPod help

Michaelknell

Ex Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a new computer as my old one got frazzled and the hard drive is wiped. I have loads of songs on my 60gb iPod photo and want to put them onto my new PC. When I open up iTunes it says i can use this iTunes (on my new PC) as the main library for my iPod, but it will clear all my existing songs on the iPod. Can anyone tell me how to get the songs into my new iTunes library from my iPod.

Thanks

is there a version of this software that works with a sony hd3, using sonicestage? :)

jimton said:
is there a version of this software that works with a sony hd3, using sonicestage? :)

No. The Sony applies to DRM on ALL tracks in your player. The iPod, far more sensibly, only applies DRM to tracks which have been downloaded from iTunes Music Store. The AAC and MP3 files on the iPod aren't encrypted, they've just been renamed and are stored in a hidden folder. Tools like Copypod allows you to do this easily, but you could even just copy the files using Windows Explorer and use an MP3 mass tagger to rename the files back to before.

Can you give me some more info on how to use it? I have downloaded and purchased it. I selected all my songs and chose to back them up in my iTunes folder. However, after it had done I went to iTunes and there was no files in my library. What do you suggests?

You now need to reimport the files. In iTunes, Add to the library the folder that Copypod copied the files to.

I'll try that but I didn't actually copy them to a folder, I copied tm to iTunes.

I'm planning on moving my itunes library from the internal laptop hard drive to an external hard drive. Would I still need to install this software to do that, or is there an easier way?

No, you simply point the iTunes Advanced Preferences to the new destination, and enable the options to "keep organised" and "copy to folder when adding to library".
Once that's done, iTunes will ask you a couple of questions - select Yes, and that's it. If any song gets an ! beside it, then double click on it and select OK/Yes and find the song in the new location.
You shouldn't get that problem, but if you do......

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom