1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Help Required

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by sharger, Sep 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. sharger

sharger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Hi all

I'm getting a bit confused setting up my Ipod Photo 60 GB. I'm trying to set it up with a new computer, and it already has music on it. So when I connect it the software tells me that it is set up with another computer and gives me a choice to leave it as is or set it up with my new computer. However the way the option reads to me to set up with my new computer is that all the existing music will be erased. So I have chosen not to use this option, but I can't seem to put any new music on my ipod.

I hope I have made sense. Any help will be much appreciated.

cheers

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Right click on the iPod in iTunes, and select to manually update it. Then you'll be able to throw tracks on the iPod.

There are other ways if you want to preserve automatic syncing with your main copy of iTunes. Sharepod (free), Anapod, Media Center, Xplay will all allow you to transfer music onto (and off) an iPod, and more.