Ipod express or ipod classic ?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by SteveTDCI, Feb 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SteveTDCI

SteveTDCI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I need to update my ipod and I can either go for something like a classic and get almost everything I would want on or I could go for a touch and ipod express, so i could then just make sure everything is on the PC and use the touch as the remote and presume connect it to the TV for artwork. The express version seems a tidier solution but is it best for sound quality, and how do they compare to docks ? it would be to work with an Arcam AVR250

Thanks
    steve

2. ChrisAV

ChrisAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Do you mean the airport express, I don't think it has a video out so no album artwork on the TV.

In fact, to get artwork on the TV you probably need to connect your PC direct, or use a media extender (I used XBMC which is a cheap solution, if you are reasonably technically minded, but I'm sure there are plenty of other devices out there).

Personally I went for a Classic and dedicated amp dock, mostly to avoid having to switch on the PC every time I wanted to listen to music.

Chris