1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPOD error message - how do I get into setup?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by boston brendan, Jun 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. boston brendan

boston brendan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I turn on my 10GIG IPOD, I'm getting the folder/exclamation point error message, and it won't get past that screen. How do I get into the setup menu? I got into it earlier today but I have no idea how. Also, if anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this problem (I just want to format the drive) it would be much appreciated.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    Assuming your iPod is charged OK, follow these steps from the apple site to reset your iPod:-
    To reset iPod, iPod (scroll wheel), iPod (touch wheel), and iPod (dock connector) - make sure yours is one of these !
    1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
    2. Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons until the Apple/iPod logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.
    If you are still unable to reset your iPod, use only one finger from one hand to press the Select button, and one finger from the other hand to press the Menu button.
    When you reset iPod all your music and files are saved, but some customized settings may be lost. Date and time is preserved (unless the iPod reset itself because it had no power and then was reconnected to power). Other customized settings, such as Bookmarks, On-The-Go Playlists, Shuffle, Backlight timer, and so forth are preserved from the last time the hard drive turned on.