1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod desperate help required

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by trendygirl, Sep 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. trendygirl

trendygirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was updating my Ipod today when everything went dead. The screen still maintains "do not disconnect" but my computer informed me there is a problem with the USB connection.

When I go to rectify this I can't and my Ipod is now disconnected but proclaiming "do not disconnect".

I have tried another computer and another USB lead and am getting the same error message...stating the USB connection has failed.

I am getting desperate...I can't switch my Ipod off and I can't update it. I have never had a problem with it before (its a 30GB Ipod Photo) and its my pride and joy...please help!

2. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't panic - usually problems can be resolved easily. Anyway, try resetting your iPod. If that doesn't work, try updating it with the latest software. If that fails try restoring it.

If that all sounds gobbledegook to you, go here for online help:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/

Follow the relevant links for support. Keep us posted.

PS. Also, look in the MP3 FAQs sticky at the top of the forum list...

3. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In a similar situation with iPod mini, I was amazed to find Apple's phone technical support was absolutely pinpoint accurate. theipod was working again within a minute. And I'm a lifelong geek who has never got anything but frustration out of a tech support call before. I had searched the net and tried all sorts of things and finally thought I was going to have to send it back for repair.

Give 'em a try.