Ipod Denon Avr-4306 Help Please

P

PhilB1234

Hi,
I've got the official cable, and although it's useful it's not perfect (plus it's expensive). Here's what I think and an alternative:

Control comes in two forms:
1) on-screen and front panel for MUSIC ONLY (frustrating it's not all functions)
2) on the iPod, where you can access all functions. (so for playing back video or photos there is no remote control)

The cable does, however, do everything else. It supplies power, control, audio and video. Sadly though, you cannot use the iPod dock without also connecting audio cables from the dock to the amp seperately (as the dock strips off the audio signal for it's own outputs).

Alternative set-up:
iPod dock/remote/s-video cable/audio cables would be less than £50 and would much of the same job (assuming you have a charger too). No on-screen display, but the Denon's on-screen display for the iPod is pretty basic... certainly no cover-art!

RSRAVI

Hi,
I've got the official cable, and although it's useful it's not perfect (plus it's expensive). Here's what I think and an alternative:

Control comes in two forms:
1) on-screen and front panel for MUSIC ONLY (frustrating it's not all functions)
2) on the iPod, where you can access all functions. (so for playing back video or photos there is no remote control)

The cable does, however, do everything else. It supplies power, control, audio and video. Sadly though, you cannot use the iPod dock without also connecting audio cables from the dock to the amp seperately (as the dock strips off the audio signal for it's own outputs).

Alternative set-up:
iPod dock/remote/s-video cable/audio cables would be less than £50 and would much of the same job (assuming you have a charger too). No on-screen display, but the Denon's on-screen display for the iPod is pretty basic... certainly no cover-art!

Hi mate thanks for the info great :smashin: :smashin:

scarty16 thanks also ..................