1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod Compilation Grouping

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Stevo555, Jan 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Stevo555

Stevo555
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the "Group Compilations" feature to work on the i-Pod?

In i-Tunes if you tick the "Group Compilations when browsing" in the "General" tab it tidies up the artist view by getting rid of all the individual artist names from compilations like "Now xx" etc. It also adds an extra Artist called "Compilation" which makes it much easier to view and access compilation CDs.

The problem I have is that this doesn't appear to work on the i-pod. I've tried syncing multiple times and no matter what I do this setting does not get activated on the i-Pod.

Could it be that this is a feature on i-Tunes that's not been coded on the i-Pod yet? I've got i-Tunes v4.7 and i-Pod v3.0.2.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks.

2. Dubya

Dubya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Short answer, you can't do it on the iPod - yet. It's a known concern that I understand is to be incorporated shortly in a firmware update.

I get around it by replacing the artist tag with the album name of compilations and adding the artist to the song title. There's various shareware tools around that can help do this automatically. I use MP3 Rage.

George B

3. Stevo555

Stevo555
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks George.

Hope they don't take too long with that firmware update!