Ipod - Can Itunes' crossfade playback transfer to Ipod?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by DaveH, Oct 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi all,

Just got a 4th generation 40gb Ipod. I like it except I have a lot of albums where the tracks into each other. In Itunes you can set crossfade playback to accomplish this and it works but it does not seem to transfer to Ipod for me.

Is there a way to do it?

Have I missed something?

2. mattscholey

mattscholey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately this is not possible. The only way would be to mix the MP3's like that when you rip them, which may be possible, but not with itunes.

Matt

3. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Okay,

Thanks for the reply.

4. hi_robb

hi_robb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya m8,

the ipod will always put gaps in the tracks unfortunately, that's just the way it works. There is a way around it but it's only really usefull for dj mix cd's.

In Itunes when ripping there is an option in the Advanced menu I believe to join tracks. This will join all the tracks when ripping making them one track. It does mean you can't skip between tracks as if they were single tracks but it is a way around.

Dave

5. Jonmurgie

Jonmurgie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I recently go a 4th Gen 40gb iPod and am GUTTED about this rubbish feature! How on earth can they have designed something so utterly useless for mix cd's!! Guess you have to kick iTunes to the kerb and use some other software to get this sorted...

Oh and then if you use iTuens to play your tunes on your PC it's set as default to FADE he songs together (as mentioned in original post)... idtios!!

*rant over*

Jon :)

6. hi_robb

hi_robb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John,

Doesn't matter what you rip it with m8y, the ipod will always put gaps in the tracks :( I normally just use the join tracks feature in itunes as it does work but leaves the mix as one track rather than say 12 seperate ones.

Tis not that difficult to scroll on the ipod so you just need to scroll forward rather than skip tracks.

I do agree though that it's a right pain in the arse. I also have a minidisc which quite happily keeps all tracks seperate in a mix but does not put gaps inbetween. I think the limitation isn't the ipods fult but more some limit of the mp3 format in general.

Dave