1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Beginner help needed!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by adrian3221, Mar 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. adrian3221

adrian3221

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Have just got a new Mini Ipod and Im feeling very confused with all the different encoding formats. Basically I use Windows media to rip Cd's to my PC. I always do this at 192kbps as I believe this to be CD quality? Would like to put music on my Ipod at the same quality but am confused as Apple say their 128kbps aac format is more or less the same? Any help gratefully received!

2. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    What version of windows media player are you using. If it is anything other than version 10 then the format will be .wma. This is not compatable with the ipod. If you have version 10 of media player then you can go into the options and change the format to mp3. These files can then be imported straight into itunes and onto your ipod. MP3 is the most used format and is compatable with most players and more and more with cd players. Apples format is .aac. This format does indeed match the quality of MP3 and the file size is smaller too. Great you say, I will use this. The only problem being that these files will only play on apple software. i.e. say goodbye to media player (which I cannot do as I have windows media centre).
    So the choice is yours. MP3 will play on more systems but takes up more memory.