1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Auto Sync Worry

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by MartyE, Feb 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. MartyE

MartyE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

Hi guys and gals. I have recently been to a mate's house and imported about 20 of his music albums to my Ipod through his Ipod set up.

However I have not linked my Ipod to my laptop since this and wonder if I will lose all of the songs off him when I do link up. It's the autosync system that worries me.

I swap all of my songs from my computer through the iTunes music library and don't seem to be able to find an option on this which will disable autosync.

Also how do I move the songs from the Ipod into the iTunes music library so they are there for the future.

:rolleyes:

Anyone any ideas, I'd be most grateful.

:confused:

2. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, if you let it autosync, you'll lose the tracks. It's Apple's nod to DRM, to prevent people stealing music.

You need a third-party utility to get the tracks off the iPod. Go to:

http://www.versiontracker.com

and choose Windows or MacOS (depending on your computer), and do a search for ipod. Look for any of a number of utilities that allow it. Some are free, some are shareware.

Install the utility. When you dock your iPod, immediately quit out of iTunes before it autosyncs. Then run your utility.

Well, at least that's how I understand the process goes. I've never done it myself of course.