1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod as a music server

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kwijibo, Jul 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kwijibo

kwijibo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As the title. Is it possible? I use my iPod to play random funky tunes in my living room, which is great. But it would be better if I could get a video output display and a remote control so I could see the contents of the iPod on the plasma from my sofa. They do these interfaces for car systems - Pioneer, Alpine and Clarion all do them amongst other, but I have not seen one for a home audio system where it also makes sense. Any ideas?

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    An American outfit called Sonos have something which just might do the trick, although it's more in line with the UK's Imerge unit in function, with a major handset/remote control.
    Otherwise, the likes of ROKU or SliMP3 would provide you with track details and that you can connect to the stereo.
    Both would use the computer's iTunes rather than an iPod itself unfortunately, IIRC.