ipod and fm wireless in car

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by nikonuser11, Jan 20, 2008.

1. nikonuser11

nikonuser11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +874
    I dont have an ipod but I want to get one and have the wireless thing to use in the car thru my fm radio.

Can you recommend the best kit but not the expensive ones as only want to play good music and can change the songs every week so dont need a huge hard drive.

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked a hundered times but I am new

2. madferrituk

madferrituk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have the Griffin FM transmitter connected to my ipod video. Frankly it works well at home (saves me having to connect my ipod to my stereo with a lead), I just leave the ipod on my desk and tune the stereo into the appropriate channel.

However, in the car the only place I can get a clear signal is with the ipod and transmitter placed on my left knee when driving. Anywhere else and its next to useless to use.

I just changed my stereo in my car for an Alpine, and the ipod now sits in the glovebox. Alternatively have you thought about getting a stereo where you can connect your mp3 player to via usb? I got a sony fitted into my sisters car for £50 and she loves it.

3. wonderloaf

wonderloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I can also recommend going down the Sony path, in the past year I 've fitted a Sony CDX-GT410U and CDX-GT414U unit into both my own and my wifes cars, both were easy to fit and can be obtained fairly cheaply off the 'net. Both units have USB or Aux input, the USB allows connection of an MP3 player via a USB lead, or you can play music stored on a USB memory key (in my case a 2GB key, enough for all my favourite music). Alternatively I can also connect my MP3 player (a Sony NWZ-A818) via the headset connector to the Aux socket in the front panel of the car stereo. I also tried an FM transmitter a while ago and had problems of sound quality and it was this that drove me down the USB/Aux input route.

4. IanW1977

IanW1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    I have a Belkin Transmiiter and it's awful - Hard wiring is the future - Most Head units offer full I pod compatability direct or through an adaptor which attaches to your head units multichanger plug.
    The sony one we have cost about £15-£20
    I sold my Kenwood one on E Bay for about that too

5. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612

I have a 20 gb ipod ( 3 gen) and the fm modulator ( plug into coggy lighter) i will be offering this in the classified section this week for only £50 inc.

6. nikonuser11

nikonuser11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +874
    sounds great, however, you dont state if its any good and actually works, maybe thats why your flogging it?

7. madferrituk

madferrituk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    don't knock it straight off. You only need to see Ayubs profile to see that he's a long standing member, and has a decent trader record.

People sell things for various reasons.. upgrades being one of them.

He said he's selling a week, so perhaps wait till then and ask to see pics etc. It might help satisfy your query.

8. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    The dock is a genuine ipod it will charge you ipod and also hold the pod well. It has a headphone socket on the side incase you want o just use your cans.

As for the ipod itself its in very good condition. I bought it off the forum and as I stated do not use it. Its complete with box leads etc. Sync first time without any issues. Battery life was good tbh I don't know how long it lasts as I would stick it in the doc and use it for about 2 hours a day.

As for how good it is. I never had any problems with the unit nor had any issues when it was running through the fm stereo. I would always have it on the bottom of the fm band which sometimes would be used by "ramadan FM" in bradford i never head them over my music.

Please don't insinuate or speculate. If their were issues with the item I would honestly state that.

All my trader ratings indicate I am a half decent bloke. 30 good trader ratings should give you a realistic idea of what kind of person I am.