1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod 4th Gen or Ipod Photo?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by garrad, Feb 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I still can't make my mind up. :confused:

I've decided that i would hit 20gb of AAC 128k format by the end of the year so a 40gb model is the one to buy. Now do I buy the 4th Gen or do I spend 100 more on the Ipod Photo?

The Ipod photo has the colour screen, can display album art (I always have album art for all my albums), longer battery life.... but it is also heavier, larger and more expensive.

It's a hard choice. I still think the price is a big put off and the benefits are not worth the money, but it's colour and hell I could never go back to a mono mobile phone, I'll stick with my colour one you know.

Anyone got any view points about this?

2. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like spending other people's money, so go for the iPod photo... ;-)

3. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    I was in the same position and, working on the basis that I use my iPod for about 5-6 hrs a day, elected to spend the extra for the screen. In the past I've gone for a cheaper option and generally regreted it. £299 for the 40GB 4G, and £359 for the 40GB Photo - so I guess you're comparing the 60GB Photo model at £100 more, in which case why not go for the 40GB Photo and that's the same size/weight as the standard 4G.

Well worth it IMO - using a standard 4G iPod last week and the screen looked really poor in comparison.

4. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going over to the USA in a few weeks so I was going to pick up an Ipod from there that's why I was looking at the 100 difference it's a $100 difference.

That's a lot of money for a larger, heavier device just for a colour screen.

5. slowen

slowen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have heard the camera facility is not that good on the I pod photo

6. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only reason I want the colour is for a nicer navigation (I prefer colour to b/w) and also I love the idea to see album art so camera stuff doesn't bother me.

Does anyone know the difference in the harddrives of the 4th Gen and the Photo?