iPod 3G - PC not recognising

PocketBunny

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have just got a replacement ipod 3g and am trying to get the PC to pick it up.

The ipod doesnt spark into life in any of the 7 USB ports ive tried it in. I've charged it up through a wall charger so it has enough juice in it. Ive tried 3 different cables and none work. but when i connect the gf's iphone it is recognised and it starts to install the software. The USB ports are carrying enough power to use my mouse, xbox pad and phone on them, so i think the ports are fine.

Now on her netbook it does pick up my ipod and begins to install. Do any of you have any ideas as to why this is happening and how to resolve it? Having my library on her netbook is not an option.

:lease:

smoochiez said:
Hello

I have just got a replacement ipod 3g and am trying to get the PC to pick it up.

The ipod doesnt spark into life in any of the 7 USB ports ive tried it in. I've charged it up through a wall charger so it has enough juice in it. Ive tried 3 different cables and none work. but when i connect the gf's iphone it is recognised and it starts to install the software. The USB ports are carrying enough power to use my mouse, xbox pad and phone on them, so i think the ports are fine.

Now on her netbook it does pick up my ipod and begins to install. Do any of you have any ideas as to why this is happening and how to resolve it? Having my library on her netbook is not an option.

:lease:

Is your gf netbook windows based ?

seeing as it's a replacement to just double check, are you running at least itunes 10.1?

I am using itunes version 10.2.2.12. I followed a guide to try and get it to work and it told me to reinstall itunes, so i guess it is the latest version.

Last edited:
Try doing what the other user did in post 9 of the link i posted, his/her last two sentences.

reseting permissions in itunes.

Thanks for the link. It seems as though they are all for people whose ipod knows it is connected to the PC. The problem is mine doesnt even charge or identify that it is hooked up to my PC via USB :(

Currently i only have my mouse and ipod connected to the USB ports, so it surely cant be a power issue.

Just tried what is suggested in post #9, but still no joy :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom