iPod 30GB video £189.99 at Amazon

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
£30 cheaper than most places including Apple's own store! This puts it cheaper than the Sony NWA3000 I think? That's a pretty aggressive pricing move.

The White 60GB has also dropped in price at Amazon, but the black 60GB is still £299.99 for some reason - it may drop also though.

I've just ordered a black 30GB jobbie.

first off:
its NOT cheaper than the a3000, BUT amazon.com (american) have it on sale for £170 when converted from dollars AND they ship internationally :)

S//Punk said:
first off:
its NOT cheaper than the a3000
First off, I said **I THINK** knowing full well I hadn't scoured all sites for the cheapest A3000, however the likes of Argos are doing the Sony for £199 hence my statement holds true for certain retalers.

S//Punk said:
BUT amazon.com (american) have it on sale for £170 when converted from dollars AND they ship internationally :)

Are you taking customs charges into account there which may well add 20% or so? (Every item over £18 I've ordered from Amazon.com has been hit with this charge though I know occasionally it slips through for some people). That will take it over the £200 mark.

i never thought about customs charge! is it really 20%? well ive never ordered from american Amazon so i wouldn't know but that deters me from them...

S//Punk said:
i never thought about customs charge! is it really 20%? well ive never ordered from american Amazon so i wouldn't know but that deters me from them...

Basically everything you see on US sites which is over £18 is an ex VAT price.

personally i think its going to be too much hassle going to burn a major hole in your pocket especially with the amount of accesories you'll have to buy etc...

however if you're not worried about price and if you want a high capacity player then it seems to be a very good player, and the software will be as usual excellent. maybe apple will actually listen to their customers this time round...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom