• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iPod 30GB video £189.99 at Amazon

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
£30 cheaper than most places including Apple's own store! This puts it cheaper than the Sony NWA3000 I think? That's a pretty aggressive pricing move.

The White 60GB has also dropped in price at Amazon, but the black 60GB is still £299.99 for some reason - it may drop also though.

I've just ordered a black 30GB jobbie.

S

S//Punk

first off:
its NOT cheaper than the a3000, BUT amazon.com (american) have it on sale for £170 when converted from dollars AND they ship internationally :)

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
S//Punk said:
first off:
its NOT cheaper than the a3000
First off, I said **I THINK** knowing full well I hadn't scoured all sites for the cheapest A3000, however the likes of Argos are doing the Sony for £199 hence my statement holds true for certain retalers.

S//Punk said:
BUT amazon.com (american) have it on sale for £170 when converted from dollars AND they ship internationally :)

Are you taking customs charges into account there which may well add 20% or so? (Every item over £18 I've ordered from Amazon.com has been hit with this charge though I know occasionally it slips through for some people). That will take it over the £200 mark.

S

S//Punk

i never thought about customs charge! is it really 20%? well ive never ordered from american Amazon so i wouldn't know but that deters me from them...

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
S//Punk said:
i never thought about customs charge! is it really 20%? well ive never ordered from american Amazon so i wouldn't know but that deters me from them...

Basically everything you see on US sites which is over £18 is an ex VAT price.

S

S//Punk

personally i think its going to be too much hassle going to burn a major hole in your pocket especially with the amount of accesories you'll have to buy etc...

however if you're not worried about price and if you want a high capacity player then it seems to be a very good player, and the software will be as usual excellent. maybe apple will actually listen to their customers this time round...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom