1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod 20gig

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by edwardmifflin, Jan 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. edwardmifflin

edwardmifflin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, ive pretty much decided on buying the 20gig ipod just a couple of things that have had me puzzled, dont know if anyone can help?

1) Exactly how easy is it for me (not the best with technology) to put my cd collection onto my ipod. Do i just copy the cd, or the selected tracks from it, to itunes, then from the hrad drive onto the ipod? Is there a choice of track quality?
    Basically how easy is everything to do in general!

2)Anyone know where the cheapest place to get one from is?!

Thankyou!

2. Lester

Lester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    In reply to your first question...

iTunes handles all the ripping duties. Pop in the cd and it will convert the tracks and organize them on your hard drive. You can select the file format (aac, mp3 etc.) and sample rate (32kbps up to lossless).

Your iPod then synchronizes when connected to iTunes. You can set it to automatically copy any changes made in iTunes or you can manually update the ipod (clicking and dragging for example, or via playlists).

So basically, if you're not too clued-up, it's really simple. iTunes manages your music library in a very understandable way and then you just plug in your iPod and it's all done automatically for you.

3. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You can always play with itunes now! It's free and can be downloaded from apple.
    azzo

4. Dubya

Dubya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're on the Internet when you insert a CD, iTunes even looks up the track/artist etc names for you, so when you import the tracks into iTunes they're already named. The iPod then picks up these names when you plug the iPod into your computer. Saves you the bother of typing them all in.

As to price, I think you'll be hard pushed to find much more than a few quid difference anywhere. They're so much in demand the price is basically RRP. You can pick up educational discount (about 8% I think) if you're a teacher/lecturer/student, from the Apple Store for Education.

Let us know if you manage to get a good deal...

5. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Got mine £186 in Virgin Store Duty Free - you don't have to go abroad, even UK domestic flights count.
    If you know someone who wotrks in a BAA airport, you don't even have to move from your armchair let alone go abroad....just get them to buy it for you (i got my bro to get mine - anyone who works past the departures check in can buy duty free prices)