Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

IPOD 20/40Gb Questions

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by milanlad, Nov 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. milanlad

milanlad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm looking to purchase either the 20 or 40Gb Ipods.

Where is the cheapest place to buy?

Does it come with the Dock?

Thanks

2. pob

pob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    4th Gen 40GB comes with Dock
    4th Gen 20GB does Not come with Dock

Neither come with the remote control for the headphones or Carry Case

3rd Gen 40GB comes with Dock & Remote and Carry Case (as I have one).

Cheers

Phil

3. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    There wasn't any discounts available when I bought my 20g 4G a couple of weeks ago. Got it off the net for £216.00 inc P&P but I can't remember who from :blush:
    In the end though it came to availability as opposed to whose cheaper. There wasn't too many about when I got mine.

4. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Milanlad

If you at an airport get it from Dixons and save 17.5% as there is no VAT charged, even for internal flights

5. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
  6. apple beez

apple beez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i may sound dumb but you just plug in your i pod to the comp and the itunes automatically stores it in your i pod?????????

7. pob

pob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    when you connect your iPod to your PC/Mac it syncronises with the iTunes library, so if you've added any songs to iTunes, they will then be copied to your iPod.

8. shipitinshag

shipitinshag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just a quick question on the same theme...

a good friend of mine who is not very tech savy wants to buy his misses a mini ipod for xmas, and has asked me to rip a load of her cds and pop them on for him so that upon opening the prezzy it is all ready to go. If I do this, via my pc is he going to have a problem later when he installs itunes on his pc and tries to sync with his own itunes software??

9. JJS4

JJS4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently found a website that sells cell phone signal boosters for $40 and with the purchase you recieve a free gift. The free gifts consist of gaming units, computers, iPODs, etc. I decided to see if this was for real and ordered the signal boosters and just received my free iPOD. It is a real 40 GB iPOD that works great. I just wanted people to know about this offer.
    http://www.getgiftsforfree.com/index.php?ref_id=43696

Jay, UF student

10. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I would have more faith in this if it wasn't from a first time poster and the offer wasn't entangled with cell phones. Still it is good to know that there are still benevolent companies around who will give away a gift that is more expensive than the purchased product! :rolleyes:

11. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    He shouldn't do, although the music files will be on the mini ipod and not shown on his computer at first. If he wanted his Itunes to mimic completley what is held on the player, they would have to be transferred over.

Good thing is that you're saving your mate a lot of time and hassle. :smashin:
    Took me 2 weeks, alot of late nights and grief from the wife before mine was done. :rolleyes:

12. shipitinshag

shipitinshag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers alancolledge,

when you say transfer them over, do mean he can just transfer them back off the ipod mini onto his pc, or is there some kind of copy protection that would stop you doing that? Due to them not being uploaded via that machine and version of Itunes.

Ps - I am jealous of you're 434, I have just bought a VPanny Viera 42", but as much as I wanted to, I could'nt quite stretch the extra grand for the 434.

13. LinkinRuss

LinkinRuss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i dont think u can actually transfer songs from the ipod bak onto the pc. im sure there is a software out there that allows u too, but in this case itune doesnt (i think)

14. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    shipitinshag,

I did exactly the same thing for my sister last xmas - filled the iPod so it was good to go on xmas morning, then transferred the songs over to her pc from the iPod later in the day.

There's several programs out there that'll do it for you, but all you need to do is connect the iPod to the PC (if iTunes is on there already it'll wake up and offer to do stuff - tell it no, and close it), then open Explorer, where you'll see the iPod mounted as a drive. Change the properties on the drive to show hidden files, then just go in there and copy the music onto the hard drive. Then start iTunes, import the copied files, and then let it sync up the iPod. All done, with plenty of time for mince pies :)

Cheers, Carl.