• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iplayer - screen scaling...

advido

...My Pc is linked to a 22" monitor that can do the full 1080p and when using BBC iPlayer in FULL SCREEN to watch TV from the BBC website the screen is totally filled...no black borders at all...

My TV in the other room is only a 'HD ready' (not full 1080p) and when I output my PC (via a PC to PC or PC to TV switch box unit) I have to use 1280x768 .

The Windows XP desktop (and web pages) and all other software totally fill the screen (again no black border)

BUT ....... When I open BBC iPlayer to view a TV program and go to VIEW FULL SCREEN I get a black border about 3/4inch top and bottom on my 42" screen..

A round circle is 'slightly' flattened - not much but i'm a stickler for correct aspect ratios and people/faces are just that little bit wider than they should be 'cause they're just a wee bit flattened

I need to set my screen to 1280x720 to fill it 100% but my TV does not like this setting and my usual blue desktop screen colour changes to a shimmering green with juddering and icons mis-placed on screen.

Using XBMC for Windows it enables scaling and zooming to ANY aspect ratio on a pixel to pixel basic so I can stretch the vertical height to fill my screen and eliminate the black bars... However the BBC have recently barred this streaming to third party software developers and XBMC no longer supports iPlayer....

QUESTION : Is there any scaling hardware or software that will enable me to use iPlayer from the BBC Website that will 'stretch' my screen in order to fill my screen OR upscale from 1280x768 to the required 1280x720 ...?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom