• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Iplayer might break the internet

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Nah, it'll never catch on, if you listen to some of the dinosaurs on here :rolleyes: ;).

This is definitely the way it's going to go and even if the network can't handle it yet, it's only a matter of time.
And it won't be long either.
I D/Led a 30 MB file today and it took about a minute and a half.

When I first started, it would have been nearer a day and a half :rotfl:

pault2007

Prominent Member
Nah, it'll never catch on, if you listen to some of the dinosaurs on here :rolleyes: ;).

This is definitely the way it's going to go and even if the network can't handle it yet, it's only a matter of time.
And it won't be long either.
I D/Led a 30 MB file today and it took about a minute and a half.

When I first started, it would have been nearer a day and a half :rotfl:

And several disconnections along the way.

:D

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Absolutely :(

I'm probably a bit passionate about this, but it's so blindingly obvious to me that it's the way it's going to go.
Forget the politics, but the government has just announced that BB will be available for all in a few years.

Good move, imo :smashin:, although I don't see how :confused:
Is this a case of Mr Murdoch getting some of his own treatment?

I predict it may well break the internet in certain areas, but the UK won't be one of them.

At the moment though, we're probably a weak link in the scheme of things.

I'm surprised no-one has picked up on this thread, as it has loads of potential for debate :smashin:

Batch

Prominent Member
I'm currently at University and download 700mb a minute, yet Iplayer has been blocked due to the bandwidth it uses on the local network!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom