iPlayer in 4K

BBC will show all there games in UHD and HDR on iplayer on tv's that are compatible.

Not impressed with the World Cup matches on BBC iPlayer 4KUHD. Can't really see any improvement in resolution other than the wrinkles on Gary Linnerker and Alan Shearer!
Can't really notice any HDR but most annoying of all the frame rate isn't 50 fps. It looks more like crappy 25/30 fps like you get on smartphones with a poor 'filmic' look making it unwatchable. Anybody else notice this?

I'm on BT Infinity 37mbps

Not impressed with the World Cup matches on BBC iPlayer 4KUHD. Can't really see any improvement in resolution other than the wrinkles on Gary Linnerker and Alan Shearer!
Can't really notice any HDR but most annoying of all the frame rate isn't 50 fps. It looks more like crappy 25/30 fps like you get on smartphones with a poor 'filmic' look making it unwatchable. Anybody else notice this?

I'm on BT Infinity 37mbps
It looks fantastic here, much better than HD.
Utility warehouse up to 75 mbps but around 60mbps constantly here. I really don't think your connection is up to the job.

It looks fantastic here, much better than HD.
Utility warehouse up to 75 mbps but around 60mbps constantly here. I really don't think your connection is up to the job.

I think you're right. It must be reducing the frame rate. It's unwatchable. Pity, The Blue Planet demo looks great. As does the Netflix 4k HDR @60fps content on the same connection!

I think you're right. It must be reducing the frame rate. It's unwatchable. Pity, The Blue Planet demo looks great. As does the Netflix 4k HDR @60fps content on the same connection!
The bitrate is 36 mbps at maximum, Netflix tops out at 18 I believe.

I've tried it on my new LG Oled and the picture looks fantastic on the tv's app but the TV is only WiFi so I was getting a bit of artifacting.

I then tried it on the ps4 which has a wired connection and I don't get the artifacts but the frame rate is bad, looks like it's 25fps.

My connection is 40mpbs and I pull about 32mbps through WiFi.

I'm assuming the ps4 is trying to get higher quality but the bandwidth isn't high enough, either that or the app isn't quite right.

Through WiFi on the TV it looks better than BBC HD on Sky Q so I'm going to stick with that.

I unplugged my ps4 and used wired on the TV. It looks much better.

The ps4 is also really noisy. It's like having a small hairdryer on, it's that bad.

Isn't Wimbledon in 4k ? Nothing yet.

Watching now and although I have poop broadband (12-15Mb) it looks great thanks to the static camera.

I couldn't find it! No uhd that I could find, just looked again, still can't find it. Maybe they can't do it footie and tennis at the same time? Even though football wasn't on when I first looked a couple of hours ago.

I then tried it on the ps4 which has a wired connection and I don't get the artifacts but the frame rate is bad, looks like it's 25fps.

My connection is 40mpbs and I pull about 32mbps .

Agree, looks like crappy 25 or 30fps that you get with smartphones and consumer 4k cameras (I have one and always have to use the frame creation option on my tv to smooth out the motion and pans on my 4k home videos, although this doesn't seem to work well with uhd on iPlayer).
Briefly saw the tennis before and frame rate was the same.
As said before must be my low 37mbps bbc speed.

So, can anyone with a higher bb speed confirm that they are getting super smooth 50fps ?

Yea, I found it I expected it to be on the main iplayer screen like football. It wasn't as clear as I expected tbh, kind of disappointing. Its only like HD was back in the day.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom