ipl sub, any good ?

C

chris thomas

Could anyone please tell me if they have tried the ipl acoustics self assembled subwoofer which is advertised in hcc.
200w amp, down to 25hz for £271.
Claiming to match if not better award winning subs of around the £800 price bracket. Cheers chris t.

J

Jagular

Originally posted by chrisyt:
<STRONG>Could anyone please tell me if they have tried the ipl acoustics self assembled subwoofer which is advertised in hcc.
200w amp, down to 25hz for £271.
Claiming to match if not better award winning subs of around the £800 price bracket. Cheers chris t.</STRONG>
Hi chrisyt,
I've built an IPL SW2 kit and yes it's brilliant!
It goes down to 20Hz when run-in, NO-PROBLEM!!!
Hi quality too! The sound it produces is tight and follows pulses of low bass very accurately suiting home Cinema and Hi-Fi use.
I needed a bit of encouragement to make the initial decision, but I’m glad I did now.
If you can put your hand to bit of DIY, then I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Jagular

philmate

Hi ,

If you can put together a MFI or Argos flatpack then this sub will be no problem, its added no end of LFE fun to my DVD,s and music is just as good. £285 all in and a bit of diy... or £800 to a shop..don't create your own fear ...go for it, you won't be dissapointed.

Philmate

Ken

The IPL sub is definately a worthwhile purchase. Do a search for IPL Sub, for lots more info. Good luck.
Ken

[ 22-04-2001: Message edited by: Ken ]

C

chris thomas

Cheers lads, thats all i needed to know, i,ll get one.