IPhoto, make your own book. Any one tried this out yet.

NewfieDrool

Ex Member
Reaction score
I've just decided to try the iPhoto book thingy out for the first time. Seemed fairly easy to do and I've just ordered one but was wondering what kind of quality I should expect.
It's been produced in a hardback form if that helps.

I have seen a few finished articles using various services in the photography sub forum and they have all been quite impressive. Try searching there.

The quality is excellent, I've seen some that my relatives have had printed. Blurb.com are another company that do something similar - my Dad has had a couple printed by them and their quality is also excellent.

Fantastic, thanks to both of you for your replies. I'll shot over to the other forum and see if I can find them.

Can highly recommend the iPhoto books - bought my wife one for her 30th earlier this year and they are really good quality.

Went for a 30 page hard back version and the picture quality is excellent, as is the book itself (heavy duty paper etc)

Might not be the cheapest photo book option but was easy to create in iPhoto and delivery took about a week (was printed in Holland IIRC)

severe dainjah said:
Can highly recommend the iPhoto books - bought my wife one for her 30th earlier this year and they are really good quality.

Went for a 30 page hard back version and the picture quality is excellent, as is the book itself (heavy duty paper etc)

Might not be the cheapest photo book option but was easy to create in iPhoto and delivery took about a week (was printed in Holland IIRC)

Thanks for the info. Sounds good and I did spot some pictures in the other forum too so I am looking forward to my book.

The cards are very good too. We did some of the letterpress cards for our son's birth and we've just done regular photocards for Christmas and both are excellent.

We've done several books and cards (actually done as invitations) and a calendar or two in the past. Very happy with the service and quality.

Many thanks again to all that have replied. Not a single bad comment so I'm looking forward to seeing my first book which is on its way to me.

Would be interested to hear peoples comments of how they compare to the various online sites that offer a similar service. This sounds like it has the advantage of being easier to create the albums, but is pricier. How does the actual quality compare?

Comments seem positive, are the actually better than the alternatives? Or just as good as?

I've used it a fair few times over the years, books, cards etc and they really are spot on! It's Kodak who does the printing I think.

My book arrived today and I'm very happy with the results. I only tried a simple layout for my first and some not so magic photos as my camera is not the best but the results are damn good and the quality of the book is of a high standard.
the next one will be better thought out and I'll spend some time getting it just right.

Cost per book is reasonable but found the shipping to be pretty high - though was printed in eastern europe and shipped by UPS. Good value if you are dong multiple cioppies and spread the postage cost.

Use it all the time, book quality is excellent, delivery time is fast and cheaper then most competition.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom