iPhone X WiFi network problems

Ambulancemike

Novice Member
Every day I have a problem with my Wi-Fi on my iPhone X. Sometimes when I go on Instagram or Twitter or Siri and even the Internet I get a reply cannot connect to the server ???? I have full bars on my phone. I’m The only one who has these problems in my home. I have rebooted my phone completely that the problem still persists. Does anyone have any ideas

psychopomp1

Have you done a 'reset network settings'? under settings>general>reset

Ambulancemike

Novice Member
Yes I did that yesterday but unfortunately didn’t work. I still get Wi-Fi most of the time but then it will say can’t connect to the server and I’ve got no idea why. I know there’s nothing wrong with my Rueter because nobody else has a problem here so I wondered if it was something in the phone ??? Thank you for your reply

psychopomp1

Maybe do a full erase & restore as a last resort?

psychopomp1

Do you get the same problem if connected to wifi elsewhere? if so, that suggests a possible hardware problem with your phone, worth taking your handset to an Apple store to get it checked out.

If not, then maybe worth trying a different router? Its not unusual for certain wifi clients not to play well with certain routers, trying a different router may well fix this.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Is WiFi networking turned off

neuty

Distinguished Member
I had this issue with my wife’s iPhone X and I took it to Apple who could not diagnose it but could see a fault. Sadly the phone was over a year old and was originally purchased from Argos so they wouldn’t exchange it. Ended up trading the phone for an iPhone XS for her.

By chance are you restoring as a new phone or using a back up? Be sure to set as new.

Carl

Ambulancemike

Novice Member
Thank you for your replies. Firstly I’m going to Restore from New instead of ICloud and if that doesn’t work I will take it to an Apple Store to see if there is an hardware problem.

mike

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
Apple devices don't play nice with Beamforming or Airtime Fairness, so it's worth checking your router's settings to see if it has these features and disable them if they're enabled.