iPhone X or 11?

Alps

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys, i need a new phone. Should I o for an iPhone X or 11? I don’t need anything to be specifically better than the other, so what would be the one to go for?

I think only you can answer that. Go into any store and have a play with the X/XS/11Pro versus the XR/11. The physical differences are that the latter has a slightly bigger screen and doesnt have an OLED screen. But performance wise, the X is still a very capable phone.

Thanks mate. Right now I’m leaning more toward the 11 purely on the basis of it being a newer phone and performance wise I don’t think I’ll really notice the difference in speed as currently I’m using an iPhone 7.

Mrs went in to apple yesterday and they said they no longer have XS as an option. They only had iPhone 11's for sale now.

Website is the same with no XS and only the XR on it. I think they stopped X last year when XS came out.

Currys still do the XS. But I’ve decided to go for the 11. It just seems to make more sense.

The only real difference between the X and the 11 Pro is the camera.

Bear in mind that the X/11 are even more similar because there's two lenses, although the X has telephoto and the 11 has ultra-wide. The 11 will have better camera software though.

If photography is your thing, then go with the 11. If you're not fussed about the camera, go for the X.

My previous phone was the X, and there's no noticeable difference between the two beside the camera.

The only real difference between the X and the 11 Pro is the camera.

Bear in mind that the X/11 are even more similar because there's two lenses, although the X has telephoto and the 11 has ultra-wide. The 11 will have better camera software though.

If photography is your thing, then go with the 11. If you're not fussed about the camera, go for the X.

My previous phone was the X, and there's no noticeable difference between the two beside the camera.
And battery life, and Face ID, and the speaker, and the materials used, and the speed with which it can download data over 4G, and via WiFi, and the speed with which it tracks your face in memoij is just beyond comparison

:)

I always charged my phone overnight, didn't have many problems with Face ID, don't expect audiophile or surround sounds from a phone, 4G and WiFi hasn't been a problem (apart from whatever signal/WiFi speed I'm offered), I don't really care that much about the materials used, and don't use memojis (or even emojis) that much. The Super Retina XKR (or whatever it's called) doesn't really look that much different to the iPhone X.

An hour more battery life probably isn't that much different and the better Gorilla Glass is only really useful if you drop your phone hard enough to crack the previous GG but not hard enough to crack the new GG.

In terms of general day-to-day use, I'd say there's not much difference between iPhone X and iPhone 11.

I always charged my phone overnight, didn't have many problems with Face ID, don't expect audiophile or surround sounds from a phone, 4G and WiFi hasn't been a problem (apart from whatever signal/WiFi speed I'm offered), I don't really care that much about the materials used, and don't use memojis (or even emojis) that much. The Super Retina XKR (or whatever it's called) doesn't really look that much different to the iPhone X.

An hour more battery life probably isn't that much different and the better Gorilla Glass is only really useful if you drop your phone hard enough to crack the previous GG but not hard enough to crack the new GG.

In terms of general day-to-day use, I'd say there's not much difference between iPhone X and iPhone 11.
Hmmm just because you don't care doesn't mean it hasn't happened ;)

5 Hours extra useable battery life is a big deal for most I'd say. Being able to unlock your phone flat on the table with FaceID is a huge enhancement. 4G can get rather congested at times, I'm not saying no thank you to faster speeds :) I must admit that I'm surprised you don't care about the materials for what is an handheld device and you touch and pick it up all the time.

But hey ho, it is fine to disagree...

Well yeah, the 1 hour increase is over the XR, so I misremembered that one. I trained my old iPhone X to recognize my face from below, so the 11 is fairly similar there. I probably don't need to lean forward quite so much though. I use a case, so that's where my feels come from but even so, the naked phones felt similar to me. Whether the body is steel or aluminium or something else doesn't really matter to me as long as it works. Ecological concerns isn't high on my wish list - I just assume the company that creates the phone is doing that worrying on my behalf (Apple had a slide about it on the keynote, so I'm fine with that).

But yes, this is just my opinion.

Thanks guys. So in short, the 11 may have a slightly better battery life, camera, face unlock and speed?

for me, spending an additional 150 for a slightly better 11 with warranty over a second hand x is what’stipping me to the 11.

Maybe should've left out the "slightly" - especially as I'll be coming from an iPhone 7 :D

Guys, i need a new phone. Should I o for an iPhone X or 11? I don’t need anything to be specifically better than the other, so what would be the one to go for?
I recommend to you buy a iPhone 11 pro. iPhone 11 is with retina display.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom