iPhone X for in-store pickup

tausifs

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has in-store pickup reservation for 3rd Nov already closed ? Or reservation not opened yet ?

In queue now and defiantly stock at Meadowhall you can either wait and they will get to you or you can book a time slot

Looks like John Lewis is having some website issues ;)
Yep, site keeps crashing. Got an iphone x in basket at 8.00am and can't checkout :(

Yeh shame there was no option to collect from Argos store on the 4th, but nevermind.

Main thing, is that I have a handset coming tomorrow :D
Well Argos are a let down too.

Checked my order and noticed it hadn't progressed.

Then I checked the product page and they had updated it to state, any orders placed on 3rd November would not be delivered until between the 8th and 24th November.

So I rang them up, and they confirmed that despite me having a delivery confirmed for the 4th, it wouldn't be sent out, so I would have been sitting around waiting all day from 7am - 6pm tomorrow for nothing, if I hadn't of kept an eye on the order.

Told them to cancel it now, and I get to wait 7 days for a refund (****ers).

I managed to place and order via the app on preorder day for a 13 Nov - 20 Nov delivery. No payment has been taken yet as i suspect that will happen near the date the phone is ready to be shipped. I have heard that you can place orders for store pick from 06.00 Sat 4th Nov so i am tempted to place an order on the chance that i could collect from a local store.
Does anyone know if the store pick will be immediate or will i have to wait a couple of weeks ?

What i am asking is that should i go down the route of trying to order on the 4th for store pickup or wait for the 13th for delivery

Then I checked the product page and they had updated it to state, any orders placed on 3rd November would not be delivered until between the 8th and 24th November.

So I rang them up, and they confirmed that despite me having a delivery confirmed for the 4th, it wouldn't be sent out, so I would have been sitting around waiting all day from 7am - 6pm tomorrow for nothing, if I hadn't of kept an eye on the order.

Told them to cancel it now, and I get to wait 7 days for a refund (******s).
so does that mean you dont have the funds to purchase it elsewhere ? bummer

so does that mean you dont have the funds to purchase it elsewhere ? bummer
I do thankfully, however I now have a reserve on my card, and also £340 tied up in paypal that I now can't use until they have refunded me.

Told them to cancel it now, and I get to wait 7 days for a refund (******s).
Oh really!?

My order is saying "Sit tight - we're processing your order for delivery on Saturday 4th November between 7am and 6pm"

I cant see anything on the product page?

Oh really!?

My order is saying "Sit tight - we're processing your order for delivery on Saturday 4th November between 7am and 6pm"

I cant see anything on the product page?
Just under the picture, where it says About this product.

It's in the first paragraph

Just under the picture, where it says About this product.

It's in the first paragraph
Cheeky bastards! not even a new paragraph, just contained within the description! I'll ring later and cancel mine too. have one coming from CPW for next saturday too so might just keep that one and cancel the apple/argos ones! pain in the arse though!

Cheeky bastards! not even a new paragraph, just contained within the description! I'll ring later and cancel mine too. have one coming from CPW for next saturday too so might just keep that one and cancel the apple/argos ones! pain in the arse though!
Yes to say i'm pissed off doesn't even cover it.

The guy on the phone sounded surprised when I said, well cancel the order then.

Wouldn't have even known it wasn't coming if I hadn't rang up to check, and would have wasted a day sitting around waiting tomorrow.

Will certainly put me off ordering from the again to be honest, that is very sneaky!

Yes to say i'm pissed off doesn't even cover it.

The guy on the phone sounded surprised when I said, well cancel the order then.

Wouldn't have even known it wasn't coming if I hadn't rang up to check, and would have wasted a day sitting around waiting tomorrow.
I just jumped on their chat and got this response! We shall see tomorrow if it does actually turn up! otherwise it'll be getting cancelled!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 385
They really are taking the piss now then

definitely! have you cancelled yours already? might be worth another go to check.
Yes I have cancelled (just rang up to see if it could be "uncancelled" manually).

They said they can't as they don't have any stock (over sold there allocation) but have assured me that nobody will be receiving an iPhone X from argos tomorrow, if they ordered it today, and they will not have anymore stock as there next order isn't due until sometime between the 8th and 24th November.

Just tried messaging them on facebook too:

Untitled.png

Jesus, what a mess! oh well i have two other orders coming so we'll see which one gets here first!
From the way she has worded it, nobody is getting there pre-orders before the 8th - 24th either.

Fingers crossed for you though mate.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom