Question iPhone won't turn on

KyleS1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
My wife dropped her iPhone down the toilet, promptly fished it out and it worked for the next two days. Then it just stopped charging. Every time you turn it on it just tells you to plug it in, but never charges when you do.
She's already replaced with a newer model but I'd like to fix it so my daughter has something to play her apps on without using mine or my wife's phone.
Any ideas or is it completely fubarred?

Good chance that whilst it worked initially the water finally finished it off after a few days. Suspect you'll not get it going again. You could try putting it in rice to see if it dries it out but good chance its too late for that. Probably needed to do that the moment you fished it out after turning it off.

My wife didn't tell me she'd dropped it down the loo until it stopped charging! Typical.
Oh well, off to the bin it goes...
Thanks

The one thing you don't do after dropping your phone in water is turn it on, as soon as you do that it'll short out and it'll be screwed. What your meant to do is turn it off and put it in rice for a few days before even attempting to turn it on.

Which is what I would have done, however my wife only told me when it stopped turning on...

I think she just realised what a bollocking she would receive for doing it, that she just hoped it would be alright! :)
But no, not blonde.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom