iPhone won't turn on - help please.

Chrism66

Banned
I searched the forums and didnt find anything recent,s so didnt want to drag up an old thread(s).

So, i bought a 'faulty' 2G iPhone off eBay, for a very very good price 'IF' i can get it working.

The phone doesnt turn on, or seem to charge. The screen is in tact, so no cracks, bleeding ect, just the odd few light surface scratches. It also fails to get recognised by iTunes on my computer. The sensor in the headphone socket is clear white, so that rules out water damage i think.

I've tried all the button tricks - but no luck.

So i'm wondering what the problem could be, with the info i've given. New battery maybe??

Also are there any people on these forums who fix iPhones and are trustworthy, as i've seen a few on eBay who claim to be able to fix various problems for £20-£40.

Anything atall would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jumbopants

Try resetting it by pressing and hold the Sleep/Wake button (on the top right of the unit) and the Home button (circular button on the iPhone?s face) simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Also make sure it has some charge otherwise you have no chance..Lay it in the cradle for 10mins if no luck first time to ensure some juice in it..Let us know how you get on..

Chrism66

Banned
Try resetting it by pressing and hold the Sleep/Wake button (on the top right of the unit) and the Home button (circular button on the iPhone?s face) simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Also make sure it has some charge otherwise you have no chance..Lay it in the cradle for 10mins if no luck first time to ensure some juice in it..Let us know how you get on..

UPDATE*

I've managed to get it switched on. It wouldn't come on using the USB cable, but i've got an iPod speaker dock and as soon as i slotted it in it came on.

However still no detection in iTunes or my PC. I think the digitizer may be bust too. The screen i get to is the black one with the iTunes logo with the USB cable below it with an upwards arrow, and underneath the text 'slide for emergency' - I cannot slide it though. So like i said the digitzer must be bust.

The DFU trick and reset doesnt seem to be doing anything though.

Any ideas??

RobM

Distinguished Member
why does no one ever reply on these forums?

Possibly because not a lot of people are going to be able to answer your question. Not a lot of point in everybody responding to say 'I don't know'.
People will answer and help if they can though :)

It was a risk buying a faulty phone off of eBay, but if you can afford to lose the money it's a risk worth taking. You may be able to approach a mobile repair service (search online for info) and see what they would charge to repair the phone. Or you could ask Apple directly if they will perform an out-of-warranty repair. That last option is unlikely though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom