• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iphone won't connect to internet

Copplepot

Hi there,

I've searched but can't find anything of help. I have a 3G with an O2 sim which has unlimited internet etc etc. Was working fine yesterday but today every time i try o connect to the net it tells me there's no connections, i've tried resetting network settings & changing them around to payandgo.o2.co.uk etc etc but still no luck.

I get an IP in the 'Data IP address' & the 3G logo comes up but nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Update.

I can connect with 3G off & Edge on. Is this right?

Last edited:

Copplepot

Ok, so i've been using EDGE to connect to Safari, but it won't work with the youtube app, the youtube app just loads & then it stops with a blank page. It works fine with wifi but not 3G or EDGE.

Copplepot

Ok, been on the phone today & yesterday with o2 with their support team & gone through a whole load of settings but it still won't work, i've restored twice & updated to the latest software.

I get the 3G symbol on the top but nothing.

It's either a faulty phone or the sim card is no good, can't see the card being no good tho as it's brand new.

Copplepot

OK, i can connect to all web based app (inc. Safari) but no youtube, it just loads & loads & then comes back with a blank list.

It works fine on Safari however.

any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom