Question iPhone will only let me make emergency calls

kah22

My friend lost her old iPhone and bought a reconditioned iPhone 6s Plus to replace it. Because she is in lockdown between having her old phone blocked, buying a new one and then getting the sim a period of time passed. The replacement sim started working a few hours ago, I was able to call her. (I’m isolating to so trying to sort her out over the phone !)

My friend can receive calls but can’t make them. When she goes to make a call it says emergency calls only. She’s on a monthly business contract with o2 so I’m assuming it’s nothing to do with credit. A number of fixes I’ve read seem to date back from 2017 I’m assuming some of those fixes will be outdated. What should she do?

I suppose her next two problems are related. She doesn’t know how to get the apps on her iPad onto her phone, and how to get one to talk to the other. It’s just occurred to me that she hasn’t connected to the internet ! If that is the case once she has a connection should that fix the problem, or will she have to do something else ? She hasn’t access to a pc

Thanks for taking the time to answer, neither us are that tech aware, but she’s miles behind me 😁 so baby steps please

Stay safe
Kevin

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Physical Discs?, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom