• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iPhone unlocking & jailbreaking help needed!

Johan1

Standard Member
Ok so i have an iPhone 3gs and i had it jailbroken and unlocked so i could use a t-mobile sim card. I got the phone off a friend and it was already like that when i got it.

Last night i downloaded a new iTunes & that updated my phone to the new thing (4.3.3) now i cant use t-mobile :facepalm:

I've watched videos ect on how to jailbreak it and i did i used redsn0w and downloaded firmware 4.3.2 and now have cydia ect but i still can't use t-mobile!

I really need to get back on my t-mobile sim is there anyway poissible anybody can make this possible!

Thank you to anybody who even attempts to help me!
:thumbsup: :)

-Hitman-

Sorry but updating to the latest firmware via Itunes update has also updated your baseband to the latest version for which currently can't be hack unlocked.

Only way now is to wait for a software hack unlock (could be many months) or call the carrier it is locked to and get them to officially unlock it.

You should really have used snowbreeze to create a 4.3.3 firmware without a baseband update (reserving your old unlockable baseband) and updated using this.

Grangey.

Distinguished Member
What hitman said, not sure which how to (if any) you followed, but they all have a huge warning about this at the top of all of them telling you not to do this without storing your baseband if you need a jailbrake unlock.

Johan1

Standard Member
I didnt update it on purpose, it was an accident i plugged it in to the new itunes i downloaded and it just happend...plus im useless with phones i didnt actually know it would cause a problem :'(

And it is on o2...but i want t-mobile

So if I call apple they can unlock it for me? isit apple i call?

localboy27

No you need to do it via O2

You'll need to get a O2 micro sim
Top up £20
Make a few calls. Make sure to keep £15 credit
Go online or call up O2 and request a unlock
Costs £15 and takes a few hours to process.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom