• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Iphone simplicity sim in another type of phone?

True Romance

Distinguished Member
Guys I'm looking to ditch my iPhone and move to Samsung GS2, been onto to 02 and they said if I was to use the iPhone Sim in another type of phone I would not get any data allowance and would be charged for all internet use! Has anyone swapped their iPhone Sim over to another phone and what were the results? I'm still on the old simplicity deal so get unlimited data for £20, the new deal are £23+ for only 100mb of data!!!

Many thanks,
TR.

Last edited:

True Romance

Distinguished Member
Just an update on this from 02's online chat, it appears you can't use an Iphone sim in any other type of phone:-

Adam: Thanks for waiting. I can see that you're currently on the £20 Simplicity iPhone tariff and get 600 minutes and 1200 texts.

Adam: You need to change your tariff to the new one of £20.50 and will get 600 minutes and unlimited texts.

Adam: If you want you can add any of the three types of data Bolt Ons.

Adam: The data Bolt Ons are £3 with 100 MB, £6 with 500 MB and £10 with 1GB. So you customize your tariff accordingly and pay the sum total.

Adam: Once you do this you'll be able to use the same SIM card and the same mobile number.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom