iphone se (1st generation)

Lola Baron

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Doers anyone know if the Apple store is still selling the original iphone se (not the 2020 model)? My wife wishes to replace hers to get more memory and a more recent os, but she struggles to carry a phone much heavier than the se (113g) because of having fibromyalgia. All the more recent models seem to be nearer 140g or more so it's an original se or nothing.

The iPhone 12 mini is listed as 133g. A bit more and obviously closer to 140g, but the lightest current iPhone. I think you'll struggle to find an original SE for sale new.

I've got one that we use as a baby monitor but that battery is shocking now and the back's a bit loose, but it was a good phone that served me well. The trend now does seem to be 'bigger is better', and with that comes weight, unfortunately.

Another option would be to buy from one of the recyclers and budget for a new battery fitted by Apple. Should be less than £150 all in.

My only suggestion would be to look for a 32GB, it’s likely to be much newer than the other capacities as it was a much later release.

For example:

You probably could find a refurbished SE but it’s unlikely that you would get a more recent OS than the one you already have. Unless you haven’t updated it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom