iPhone Screen Mirroring to JVC LT-39C3210

dsajones

Standard Member
Hi everyone. I'm trying to help a friend who's recently bought a JVC LT-39C3210 and wants to mirror his iPhone screen to it to show photos on his TV. When we select the screen mirror option on his iPhone the TV doesn't show up so I assume it doesn't have native Airplay support. So I've gone in to the app store on the TV but there are no apps in there relating to Airplay or any other type of screen mirroring. I've found a few online articles but they all show an app store which looks nothing like the one on this particular TV. Anyone got any experience with this particular model? It was bought from Currys a couple of months ago and according to the Currys online store it has the JVC Smart Centre as its app store.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

next010

Distinguished Member
The only devices that are officially capable of native Apple display mirroring are the AppleTV set top boxes.

You can find the older 4th generation models on ebay for around £70 though these are limited to 1080p output, the latest 4K models are around £140 if buying new.

Some third party apps can try and do display mirroring to other sources but it rarely works well in android systems and I'm not sure the TV is even android based.

If you don't want to get the ATV box and have a PC/mac handy you can use Reflector on it and this will make it a display mirroring target for the iPhone, connect the computer to the TV and that's one way to do it.

Another option is get the iPhone HDMI video cable, no wireless display mirroring just a HDMI output video direct to the TV,

dsajones

Standard Member
The only devices that are officially capable of native Apple display mirroring are the AppleTV set top boxes.

You can find the older 4th generation models on ebay for around £70 though these are limited to 1080p output, the latest 4K models are around £140 if buying new.

Some third party apps can try and do display mirroring to other sources but it rarely works well in android systems and I'm not sure the TV is even android based.

If you don't want to get the ATV box and have a PC/mac handy you can use Reflector on it and this will make it a display mirroring target for the iPhone, connect the computer to the TV and that's one way to do it.

Another option is get the iPhone HDMI video cable, no wireless display mirroring just a HDMI output video direct to the TV,
Thanks next010. I had a message from my friend last night to say that his daughter had got it working and he's made a note of all the steps so as soon as I find out I'll post it on here.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom