iphone pricing: Can you haggle?

Micray

Hi all, I i'm probably going to purchase the 3G iphone in the next few days.
If I go into an O2 store to buy it is there any scope to haggle on the tariff?
£159 for the 16GB and the £35 a month seems a lot after Vodafone called me back with their "Rescue a leaving client offer".

Has anybody had any success in getting any extras added to their package.
Maybe money off the tariff, your comments on your purchasing experience would be very helful.

Thanks.

Micray.

J7MAN

This was the 1st out of 7 upgrades I havent robbed o2 for their top phone for free. I didnt even attempt to as I just wanted the phone there and then without losing face and having to walk away.

Micray

J7MAN, yes I can understand that one :)
How about you other new iphone owners, some of you must of tried to knock a few sheckles of the tariff or the handset price:smashin:

Has anybody had any success?

J7MAN

Tbh, I have a suspicion that Apple will be wanting full price from the handsets. They seem to have far too much say in the way the iPhone is handled by o2.

almightygoodgod

I'm the same as J7man, every year I get an outstanding deal after a bit of haggling, not this year though. Still more than happy with the iphone though!

Micray

Ok thanks guys, I guess I might as well order online then. Give me a few days to look it over before i'm bound to the lengthy contract.:rolleyes:

Vodafone offered me a great deal to stay with them, but i'd kind of already made my mind up to get the iphone. I like its speed of operation. My N73 is on vodafone and well slow at times. I think i'd rather pay the extra and have something that works well!

mhorton

When speaking to O2 they said to me that there is no way of dropping the price of the handset and they can not move away from the set tarifs.

"Nothing we can do" they said. "It's the agreement with Apple", don't know how true that is though.

mikeossy

I think you will find it is the case, I believe that O2 arent stocking N96 because its a direct rival to the iPhone (in their eyes not mine!!), and they have not hit their projected sales targets yet. Although speaking with a O2 salesman today they are unable to negotiate a price drop or tariff swap.
Ill be getting the 16gb white version tomorrow on the £45 a month contract which is being chucked out at £59.00 but ill haggle on a free case/incar charger!.

bbasra

Guys, just tried the same thing yesterday, they won't budge and said it's of their hands, its the agreement with apple they have.

I was still temted until they told me i would have to wait 17 months for an upgrade. Vodafone do me an upgrade after 10 months in a 18 month contract. I can't be waiting for 17 months to elapse for an upgrade.

Something to think about.

Micray

bbasra, i'd agree with you on the waiting for an upgrade part, if I wasn't already 13 months out of my contract :DI've already missed out on a free upgrade, which I could have sold on.

Well looks like i'd better go stump up the cash:( Thanks for the comments guys.

thetinman

Standard Member
I know for a fact that O2's company policy is too not offer a new deal to new customers, they only reward current, but i too want an iPhone and am looking to renew my contract with O2 in feb so i will have to wait and see if they will haggle with me at all.

chriscarty

Standard Member
Rumour going round that there is going to be a half price offer on certain tariffs starting Nov 1st.

Originally posted in Hotdeals - not sure if it is true.

Not sure if the deal is with O2 or carphone warehouse. Mightr be a load of rubbish though. Good deal if true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Micray

I paid the full price.... what can ya do ;) I supose there will be a better deal just around the corner, but like with any other piece of kit, you have to jump in somewhere. ( my brother has been buying a new PC for the last 15 years lol).

The iphone like everything else has its good and bad points, but i'm glad I got it now, make a nice change from a regular phone.

Henborg

Rumour going round that there is going to be a half price offer on certain tariffs starting Nov 1st.

Originally posted in Hotdeals - not sure if it is true.

Not sure if the deal is with O2 or carphone warehouse. Mightr be a load of rubbish though. Good deal if true.

remember reading somewhere myself that mid nov o2 retention are going to start offering better deals on the iphone..

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom